Applications for student mentorship are now being accepted for 2017-18 school year.
NextGEN, through its Inspire Action Team, provides mentorship to college students residing in Billings, Montana to help students build a professional network, offer resources for career development and retain incoming young professionals.
We do our best to match the mentee with a mentor in their career area of interest. Mentors share known resources, expertise, values, skills, perspectives and contacts in their industry.
This is not an Internship: Mentorship is much different than an internship where the student works for a business. This mentorship should be much more relational in a professional capacity. Mentees should be able to ask for advice in regards to their career path or for specific professional or educational situations they may be going through.
Benefits for Mentees
- Insight into career options
- An expanded personal network
- Accelerated training and development
- Increased self-awareness and self-discipline
- Constructive feedback
Benefits for Mentors
- Share ideas, try new skills
- Continue to enhance leadership role
- Translate values and strategies into productive actions
- Identify opportunities to enhance personal contributions in your organization and your community
- Personal fulfillment by investing in others